If you wish to have long hair you will need to keep it healthy and this includes keeping the scalp healthy. Many people spend a lot of money and time at the salon keeping their manes shiny, straight and thick; but there are tips you can try at home that can garner similar results for much less and help your hair grow faster.
- Wash your tresses once every 2-3 days with both shampoo and conditioner. If you shower every day, do not shampoo your hair each day it can damage it; simply rinse it with water. This will keep the locks clean, but won’t wash away the much-needed oils.
- When you brush your mane, do not over brush it. Brushing your locks too often will cause it to fray and create split ends. Instead, wash your locks and then use a wide tooth comb to untangle it. This will prevent your tresses from becoming knotty and will help to manage it.
- Massage your roots and scalp while washing your mane. You can also massage your head for a few minutes in the morning and evening before going to bed. This will help to distribute the oils in your hair helping your hair grow long faster.
- Use different shampoo every few months. Shampoos contain different ingredients and nutrients so changing it up will benefit your locks. It also prevents your locks from getting a build up and your hair becoming used to the same shampoo.
- Do not use tight up do hairstyles too often. These styles can pull all your roots and will eventually lead to your hair falling out. Braiding is another style to perform in moderation.
- Do not over color or use other styling products too often as well. If you are home and do not need a fancy look, let your tresses hang loose without styling products on it. If possible, let your mane dry naturally instead of blow drying it too often.
- You need to select the right shampoo for your hair type. Do not just pick up the latest craze or fad; or one that’s just on sale. Use one meant for your particular mane type.
- If you wish to have long hair fast, try using Mira oil. It contains a combination of natural herbs and oils to help your hair grow. Use it before going to bed and then shampoo it off in the morning for the best results.
Follow these simple 8 tips and grow longer and more beautiful tresses.